Personal Training and Wellbeing
20 years’ experience in personal training and rehabilitation.
Personal training for all ages
Sports specific training
Rehabilitation from illness and injury
Health and nutrition advice
Sports and therapeutic massage
After already working in the leisure industry for 11 years since gaining a degree in Physical Education from Chester College, I re-trained as a Personal Trainer, Sports Therapist & Massage Therapist with Premier Training, gaining a Diploma in FTST (Fitness Training and Sports Therapy). I then started work at Eccleston Wellness Centre in 1998, where I still work with personal training clients and also specialise in sports massage therapy.
I then completed my level 3 Pilates award in 2010 and offer One2one Pilates sessions at Chester Wellness Centre for all levels including Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced levels. I also recently added to my Pilates skill set with Pilates for Orthopaedic Conditions and Ante & Post-Natal exercise and can offer this specialism.
Wellness – A proactive lifestyle approach and optimum health, fitness and overall wellbeing.
BENEFITS OF PLANNED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
- Improved control of blood pressure in cases of hypertension.
- Increased stamina and physical reserves.
- The ability to cope with increased demands.
- Reduction in the incidence of osteoporosis.
- Maintenance of muscle strength and joint flexibility.
- The management of body weight reduces the risk of obesity related diseases.
- Reduction in stress leading to enhanced mood states, improved self-esteem and overall wellbeing.
- Individuals engaged in medically sound nutritional advice, lifestyle management, and exercise programmes have been shown to be more creative and effective, leading to longer and fuller lives.